Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

On Friday night I met a bunch of my girlfriends for dinner.  We went to Sawadee Thai downtown and it is now one of my favorite places to eat.  I love Thai food!  We mostly got together because we had not had a chance to do it for my birthday, so even better I got gifts too!  Dinner and gifts, oh joy!  After dinner some of us went to Salt Lake Roasting Company to get coffee and dessert.  We had lots of fun catching up and laughing.  I had to rush home because time had gotten away from me and we had to be up early the next morning for the cancer walk.

7:30 am bright and early!









This was the first year we did the Race for the Cure and it was amazing!  They said that there were 18,000 people there!  Can you believe it!  The feeling in the air was so positive and joyful.  Frankie, Bobby, Rose, Milly, Andrea and her family all came to walk with my office.  I am so proud to have been apart of such an uplifting thing!

Sunday - Mother's Day



















First we went to church with Rose and then to brunch.  We ate so much that we were stuffed all day, which is not good because we had 3 more places to still visit.  Above is a picture of Bobby, Rose, and Frankie.  They all look so much alike.

Next we went to my Grandma's house for a Mother's Day/90th birthday celebration.  My Grandma Jen is sitting between Frankie and I in one of the pictures.  Doesn't she look amazing for 90?  Yeah she totally does!  There is also a picture of Amy, Hailey, me, and Frankie sitting on the swing.  We ate more food at this house too!





One of my very favorite things to do on holidays is visit dad and Kalyn (step-mom...AKA mom).  Why you ask?  Well because in general they are funny together.  Dad is always trying to leave town and mom is always trying to let him go.  So funny!  Another reason is because she is so thoughtful and always picks out the most special gifts.  Yes she even got me something for Mothers Day!  Maybe because she knows what it is like to have a wonderful, beautiful step-child.  Last blog I wrote and Juicy Couture and Dogeared jewelry, well both Kalyn and Monica got me new stuff!


















The pic above is a collection of old and new!
The flower necklace is from Monica                    
for my b-day and the earrings were
my gift to myself. haha

 
This super cute "Karma" Dogeared stuff is from my mom and dad.  I can not wait to wear it!

2 comments:

Linsey said...

I love this jewelry too! I'm so glad you got some new stuff for your birthday. And truth be told, I'm hoping some shows up for me in a couple of weeks too! :) Thanks for sharing!

Amber P said...

It was a great weekend! Dinner was fun and thank you for the flowers! I love you!