Saturday, September 18, 2010

My New (Long Term) Goal

I read something last Sunday that sent me into somewhat of a panic.  The Vatican is considering limiting or completely shutting down tours of the Sistine Chapel.  Why?  Well apparently all of the heat and sweat from the large numbers of tourists passing through the Chapel each year is causing it to flake and crumble.  Why does this panic me?  I have always want to see the Sistine Chapel.  Strange considering I am not a religious person, but I do love art and history.  I think it would be amazing to see.  You could go to one place and see original painting by some of the greatest Renaissance painters that ever lived.  So I am making a goal for Frankie and I, yes he also wants to go.  In the next 4 years we are going to Italy!



No comments: